Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 11:44

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heroine's Quest
PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:27 
Casual Adventurer

Have you guys tried Heroine's Quest?
You can find it on Steam here, it is completely free and it is pure awesomesauce!

In fact, this game was the reason that got me to look into the status of Hero 6 again. They have a secret room dedicated to Hero 6 as well as a related achievement ("In Loving Memory").

Every QFG fan should give it a try, those guys did some really good work

Post subject: Re: Heroine's Quest
PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:39 
Site Admin

bdimopoulos wrote:
Have you guys tried Heroine's Quest?
You can find it on Steam here, it is completely free and it is pure awesomesauce!

In fact, this game was the reason that got me to look into the status of Hero 6 again. They have a secret room dedicated to Hero 6 as well as a related achievement ("In Loving Memory").

Every QFG fan should give it a try, those guys did some really good work

Sat through the opening credits, but haven't had time to play any further. I really dig the idea of a female protagonist. Perils of Rosella was one of my favorites in the KQ series. Check out Jenny LeClue. There's still a week left on it's KS run and looks to be an awesome Scooby Doo adventure game (except you get to play Velma :D ).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:21 
Glory Hound

Yes I did, and it was awesome. Really well put together. I should play through it again as another class, and perhaps take some notes on the way, I remember they had some nifty polish features that might just make it into Hero6 as well.

I was completely unaware of the Hero6 dedication room though, perhaps you could PM me on where it is :)

EDIT: I did however insist on saying no to the king when he asked if I was accepting the quest for saving the valley or whatever. The result was weird, mindfucky, and hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 10:39 
Casual Adventurer

ChamberOfFear wrote:
Yes I did, and it was awesome. Really well put together. I should play through it again as another class, and perhaps take some notes on the way, I remember they had some nifty polish features that might just make it into Hero6 as well.

I was completely unaware of the Hero6 dedication room though, perhaps you could PM me on where it is :)

EDIT: I did however insist on saying no to the king when he asked if I was accepting the quest for saving the valley or whatever. The result was weird, mindfucky, and hilarious.

The Hero6 room is in Munarvagir, it's the door to the simpe house next to Regin's house. Normally it doesn't open, however occasionally it will open and take you to a room from Hero6. When it opens may be random or may depend on the day/time.

And yes, declining the quest from the king was just amazing.

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 10:49 
Glory Hound

Just tried it, got lucky and it opened on first attempt. Funny stuff :P

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:06 
Casual Adventurer

yep its a great game
for a fan make its really great,
a bit more difficult than some, say like QFI is more funny and glib,
try turning difficulty to hardest and watch yourself die from cold or hunger in 2 days or so lol

cant wait for lori and corey's hero-u to step up to see what the original HQ creators can do!

btw heroines quest is what id hope at least in part that hero6 will be in terms of items and rooms
not stats though (thats insane how much they put in there!) great works all around and im loving being older in this era

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]