Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 01:49

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pink Background of DOOM
PostPosted: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:32 
Site Admin

So, I spent several hours over this last weekend examining every sprite for pixel errors (pink shadows, stray pixel, etc.). I edited large batches of sprites at a time, but did not confirm the success/failure until the end of each batch.
Unfortunately, the image editor I was using failed to save the background transparency correctly. To make the situation worse, I have to examine every sprite I worked on.
The good news is that it's an easy fix and I should have everything back on track soon. I haven't uploaded this current version, due to the sprite errors, but I will once I've applied the corrections. Don't be surprised if one pops up later in development. I have quite an eye for detail, but at such a large quantity of images to examine, it's possible one may slip through the cracks.
Anyway, I just thought I 'd start a thread for this issue in the event someone discovers an uncorrected sprite with a pink background instead of a transparent background.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

PostPosted: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:45 
Site Admin

Okay, I think that backwards step has been corrected. It'll be in my next progress update (I'll upload that once I inspected all of the sprites for stray pixel).

Still, let me know if I missed one.

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 05:31 
Casual Adventurer

I know I said that sprites were a big problem and many are missing. But what I didn't really touch on was the fact that the game still lacks a coherent plot from start to finish with the necessary side quests.

i.e: the game has a start, middle but no end.

I do think that if some placeholder work is done to get this game to a genuine alpha stage (completeable from beginning to end with obvious bits missing), then we will have a far idea of the amount of work outstanding regarding sprites.

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:00 
Site Admin

I'd be interested in those missing sprites. If anyone could point me in the direction of those resources, I'd gladly host them on the front page.

deltamatrix, I agree that the story needs work. That's definitely on the to-do list. I'm still in the discovery stages of this project. Before I work on the story, I want to create a map (for personal reference) of the screens and how they connect - that shouldn't be very difficult. I also want to modularize the scripts into some kind of order to improve organization and navigation. I spend more time finding my place in the code than actually coding. Those two steps should allow me to review the story materials we already have developed.
I'm not too concerned about creating an ending, I just want it to be cohesive with the rest of the game. Familiarizing myself with what has already been completed seems to be working for me so far.

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:12 
Glory Hound

I was actually thinking of making a map of the screens, I could take a look at it this weekend if you want me to.

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:38 
Casual Adventurer

Heres the map we used on the latest edition:

http://www.blazinkev.com/hero6/New/map.png

although not all dark forest and cave screens were done

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:01 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 23:56 
Casual Adventurer

deltamatrix wrote:
I know I said that sprites were a big problem and many are missing. But what I didn't really touch on was the fact that the game still lacks a coherent plot from start to finish with the necessary side quests.

i.e: the game has a start, middle but no end.

I do think that if some placeholder work is done to get this game to a genuine alpha stage (completeable from beginning to end with obvious bits missing), then we will have a far idea of the amount of work outstanding regarding sprites.

did ya want or want/need suggestions on side quest or anything in terms of plot?

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 04:04 
Glory Hound

kaldire wrote:
did ya want or want/need suggestions on side quest or anything in terms of plot?

At some point maybe, but not right now. Me and Robert are doing behind-the-scenes work of collecting resources and information from the previous iterations of Hero6.

Until we've verified what's the latest plot draft and if the original authors are accepting of us using their work, the plot and puzzles will remain in limbo.

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:16 
Casual Adventurer

no worries any help I can offer (Im a great creative artist in writing) even if my posts dont reflect that.

:P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]