Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 03:26

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:47 
Glory Hound

So I have extracted all the resource files from the MAD-demo of Hero6. A lot of it is wrapped in MAD specific classes. I'm not going to unwrap them to readable files as it's too much work to unwrap each file individually, sorry, but I will give explanation on how to do it, and include the files I did unwrap for testing. I did all this in windows 7.

Download the latest version of MAD from http://mad-project.sourceforge.net/
Inside MAD you will find "alleg41.dll" and the folder tools which will contain all the programs for unwrapping.

Lua-scripts:
Can be opened and read in any text editor. Nothing else required.

Music/Sound:
Seems to be mostly .ogg and .waw formats. Nothing special required.

Copy the "alleg41.dll" and "imgconv.exe" from the tools folder into a folder containing a MAD-img file.
Open up the command prompt and go into the same folder.
Run "imgconv".
You should now be running MAD Image Converter, from there use the command "i filename.img filename.bmp" on the file you want to convert.

Animation:
I have not been able to figure out how to unwrap MAD-anm files, it just refuses give me any kind of feedback when I try to open it with "anmview.exe" so I'm stumped.

Scenes:
Copy the "alleg41.dll" and "scenview.exe" from the tools folder into a folder containing a MAD-scn file.
Open up the command prompt and go into the same folder.
Run "scenview filename.scn 640 480". I had to add 640 480 to change the resolution output of the program, the default was a bit outdated for my computer.
You should now be running MAD Scene Viewer, seeing the scene you chose to view, press "F10" to retrieve the graphics.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/402 ... ources.zip
Hope you like it, there was some cool stuff in there that I've never seen before. Although I have never played the demo to a full extent.

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 23:48 
Casual Adventurer

Since this is quite an old post, I have to ask: is it still relevant? Does the Hero6 MAD demo contain stuff that we need? Or has everything of relevance been extracted and incorporated in the Sourceforge?

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 01:20 
Glory Hound

No, it is not, Robert was given access to the private forums to hero6.com and did a site rip, as well as we have received donations from old members. Everything is uploaded to Google Drive for now until we've thought of a better solution. If you need something specific, just ask and we'll try to find it, and if it doesn't exist we'll have to add it to some kind of list of things that needs to be made.

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:15 
Casual Adventurer

It's ok, I don't need anything. I was just asking to know if this is something worth looking into

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:56 
Glory Hound

We'll consider the case closed then. ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]