Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 09:43

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:17 
Site Admin

I had an idea for the sound effect when a user scores points. I created an 8-bit wav based on the current intro sound (MUSIC2).

Let me know what you think!

Attachments:
Scored Points.wav [189.47 KiB]
Downloaded 2210 times

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:26 
Glory Hound

Sounds good enough, not really sure how it would play in with the style of the rest of the musics/sounds, but we can use it.
Can I hound in you into making some changes while the score is brought up? Right now score is represented with a hardcoded label, if you make the following change it would make things much simpler for us later on.

gTopBar -> Score -> Text
From "Score: 0 / 500" to "Score: @SCORETEXT@" Will probably need to adjust position and size

And the score can be adjusted like so:
Code:
game.score += 5;

I think this will give us an automatic refresh every time game.score is changed, I tested it between room transitions. With a function which adjusts game.score and plays a sound at the same time we're ready to implement a score system anytime.

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:54 
Site Admin

Just put the string reference in the topBarGUI and it looks good. Tested the label width by giving the player 500 points for attacking the rogue in the first scene. We'll need to change this once we can determine the point-worthy actions possible for each character type (fighter/mage/thief). Right now I have it set to give 5 points when you defeat the Rogue.

Also, it's better to use the built-in GiveScore function so the sound effect will play.

You were right about the sound! It sounds awful in the game. That's what I get for doing an 8-bit sample with an online synthesizer. I'll see if I can come up with something better...

Also, I fixed that icon issue with the Character Selection back button.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]