Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:42

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Release the Creativity!
PostPosted: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:14 
Site Admin

We have finally reached the point where a majority of our code has been standardized, organized, and Vasilis-ized! A big thanks to bdimopoulos and ChamberOfFear for their work on that.

So, where are we at now?
We still have some modules that need to be refactored or replaced entirely, but we're prepared to develop these separately during the next phase of development... the story.
That's right Heroes, the core creative element of Hero6 is ready for molding! We're looking for contributors to review the existing story-line and make improvements. This document is the wellspring from which all further development will flow. It needs to be:
  • In-depth and detailed
  • Cohesive and themed
  • Fun and entertaining!

To clarify, we are not looking for puzzles, side-quests, or subplots. Those will come later. What we need is akin to a game design document. We're taking a story-based approach so the design document (shared below) will be a combination of a backstory and a main storyline that will unfold as the game is played.

What's next?
This is an exciting time for Hero6. What we develop in the coming months will model the final outcome of this long-awaited adventure game.
We anticipate a greater interest during the creative development of the main story line. So far, production is running along smoothly, but the combination of several creative interests can be a source of conflict. Hero6 has certainly experienced this conflict in the past. Rest assured, ChamberOfFear and myself are committed to resolving any conflict, should it occur.

Where can I get started?
Here! The document is under revision control so feel free to add, edit, or comment.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:08 
Casual Adventurer

robertkety wrote:
... and Vasilis-ized

So, now that my name has been used as a synonym of the game's code quality, I guess that I should ensure that it either
a) works flawlessly or
b) fails spectacularly

What to do, what to do...

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:10 
Site Admin

Works flawlessly! 8-)

We couldn't have made it to this next phase without you! Great work!!

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:49 
Site Admin

I'd like to welcome our new writer, Ethan (a.k.a, rhymenocerus)! We recruited Ethan through Ludust. He's eager to get started and we're excited to see what he'll bring to the project.

Welcome aboard Ethan!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]