Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:11

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Hero6 is back!
PostPosted: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 06:24 
Eager Beavertaur

The test screenshot.

Attachments:
File comment: The hero had full activity movements, sans combat. You'll notice that the characters are of different heights, indicating perspective, something I always thought would be interesting to animate. Bruno only had a simple walking animation to stand upright and walk off screen. The brigand is just a single static sprite.
qfgtestsprite1.png
qfgtestsprite1.png [ 456.26 KiB | Viewed 94409 times ]

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:12 
Eager Beavertaur

Hey! My name is Ethan, and I'm from Stillwater, Minnesota. I'm excited to help with the creative storyline development side of the game, let's make something truly special!

PostPosted: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 04:52 
Eager Beavertaur

Hey guys! I stumbled across the project revival on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/questforglory/ ... ?context=3), and wanted to introduce myself. I'm not sure what time schedule you're on or what kind of time commitment would be involved, but I'm a little bit *too* much of a QFG fan--and moreover, a writer. I've published one novel and have contributed to and edited the new Terry Pratchett fanthology "In Memory" which is coming out in two and a bit weeks (http://www.inmemorytribute.com). My novel is called "Pickles and Ponies: A Fairy-Tale" and is a pun-filled fairy-tale for grown-ups... which incidentally the Coles have a copy of. I also wrote for the Piece of Shit Book Club for a while. I usually write humour, and typically in a fairy-tale sort of setting--my strengths are definitely European and Russian fairy-tales, which from what I gather should be suitable for Hero6. I'm an Australian based in Brussels, currently studying my Masters and about to launch into PhD applications. If and when you guys know what's going in in terms of writing, give me a shout and I'll see what kind of time I have available :)

- Laura May

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 05:08 
Eager Beavertaur

Hello, my name is Pablo and I am a huge fan of the Quest for Glory series. I like what I've seen so far of Hero 6 and would like to offer my services as a writer or in any verbal component. I am a very dedicated worker and would love to be a part of your team. Sincerely,

Pablo Zula

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 00:14 
Eager Beavertaur

Hello! My name is Nick, and I'd like to get involved in the writing of Hero6.
I grew up with the Sierra games, and fell in love with QfG back in elementary school.

My background's in English & History, and I've read very widely.

I've written a fair amount - including three short plays performed, articles published on both sides of the Atlantic and online, three theses, a blog, and editor of a collection of short stories.

If anyone wants to send me a private message, I can give examples of my fiction writing.

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 05:03 
Casual Adventurer

Hey everyone. Wow it so great to see so many of the old original team stopping by and offering long lost materials. Also great to see so many writers as I know the guys needed some.

I just realised I never actually posted in this thread. I'm Blake, I run a QFG Fan game tribute page at Blake's Sanctum. I was a member on the old Hero6 forums in the early 2000s but never really posted much. Just watched on as a fan and was pretty devo when everything came to an end in the late 2000s.

When I created my QFG fan games page in 2010 I did a large tribute to the Hero6 project gathering as many pictures as I could. I struggled to do as big a tribute as I wanted to as no one lurking at the various QFG forums seemed to have any of the old Hero6 demos but after a year or so I finally found someone who could help me, Deltamatrix. He gave me the final 2009 demo and even better he dug up the old and much bigger 2006 mad engine demo for me too.

I played both demos and was utterly blown away with just how much work had been completed. It just seemed such an injustice that these demos were long lost sitting on a few peoples hard drives unseen. So in 2012 I decided to film myself playing both demos and put them on youtube to show the world the incredible work done. There were so many bugs that I had to use some 'creative editing' to assemble the final videos from all the videos filmed in-between crashes and dead ends haha but I got it done and posted links to the videos in every QFG community I knew of and before I knew it a lot of people were talking about Hero6 again.

Construed had started an interesting Hero6 rebirth conversation on the QFMG forums, then a special Hero6 forum was created there and deltamatrix decided to release the Hero6 source to anyone willing to work on it. Next thing I knew I was getting emails from Robert & Chamber about my Hero6 website & videos offering me even more long lost goodies lol and of course letting me know that they'd taken over the Hero6 rebirth and restoration project. The work those guys have done since has been brilliant, saving the old site, creating this new one, finding and preserving all the long lost files, and of course continuing the work on Hero6!

Over the coming years I hope to find more ways of bringing more QFG fan attention to this project. With QFG now of GoG & Steam there's definitely some new untapped resources to go posting in!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3