Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 13:48

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Narrative Development
PostPosted: Fri, 02 May 2014 12:03 
Eager Beavertaur

Well, I have no idea where else to put this, so here goes.

When looking at the forums as they are now, I only see the more coding/graphical elements of game development being discussed. As someone who is rather illiterate when it comes to code, I'm not entirely sure how to jump in and help. So, I'm just going to post some of what I've seen here and hopefully go from there.

After playing the demo, I noticed that there are still a lot of descriptions missing in the town and around the map. I was starting to do some work on these in the Hero6 restart in 2011 (though I focused more on writing dialogue for various scenes... I managed to finish the cart scene before the project fizzled out), but I never got a real idea of just what all needed to be done in terms of descriptions. I would love to fill in those missing descriptions and dialogue, but I don't know where to begin.

So here's my big question: what all needs to be done, and how should I do it? I've tried looking around on source forge, and I've figured out what the tickets need, but I have no idea how to add the object/hotspot/character descriptions to the actual public AGS files. Is there a list of just what objects need to be finished? If there is, I could just go through one room at a time and start finishing these descriptions and post them here on the forums (so everyone can put in their input on them).

Sorry for the rant - I just want to help with this project and don't really have a way to right now except basic bug reporting.

PostPosted: Fri, 02 May 2014 12:24 
Site Admin

ChamberOfFear and I are compiling production documentation and a game design document now. These documents will detail what areas of the game require development and the methods for contribution.
  1. Make sure you have the current version of Adventure Game Studio.
  2. Downloading the current source files will require familiarization with git. If you're not familiar, check out this great tutorial. Otherwise, you'll have to work from an older copy of the source code (I don't recommend this).
  3. If you're not already familiar with the dialog scripting for AGS, check out their wiki tutorial or video tutorial.
  4. Reply to this thread if you have any further questions :)

We are still reviewing the current story line and revising some character details. For right now, let's focus on providing descriptions for each room background.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]