Hero6
It is currently Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:39

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: ISP Outage (Day 2)
PostPosted: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:08 
Site Admin

For the second day in a row, I've awoken to a loss of Internet service. The problem is definitely affecting both of my modems and must be coming from the ISP. Predictably, my ISP admits to no fault and continues to suggest resetting the power, disconnecting/reconnecting the coaxial cables, dancing around a fire, throwing around some chicken bones, examining tea leaves, and other non sequiturs.
Needless to say, I am on top of the issue. I'll continue to reset my modems until I can get my ISP to correct the issue (likely a drop in signal). Until then, please head over to our SourceForge page and post any comments you have in the General Discussion forums on that site (I'll repost them on the Hero6.org forums if that happens).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

Post subject: Re: ISP Outage (Day 2)
PostPosted: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 09:50 
Site Admin

Almost made it 24 hours online before we lost connection again. This is beyond annoying as it only occurs while I'm sleeping. If This was a common occurance I would never have hosted the site from my home.
Since my ISP provider won't be out for some time, I'll disconnect my second modem and see if that permits enough signal for a stable connection.

I'll keep the board updated with any further outages.

Post subject: Re: ISP Outage (Day 2)
PostPosted: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:23 
Site Admin

Celebrating 24 continuous hours online! Looks like taking the second modem off the coax network provided the signal gain I needed for a stable connection. Not sure what happened to cause the drop in the first place, I've had this setup for five years now with no previous problems. In any case, at least I'm able to resolve the problem without hamstringing the Hero6 development!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]