Hero6
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024 01:26

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Inventory Screen {Fixed}
PostPosted: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:39 
Glory Hound

Anyone else getting this? When I prompt the inventory screen to open, it doesn't. That is, I think it does, since some feverish clicking on the screen suddenly gave me a sword for a cursor, but the graphics doesn't show up. Only the mouse cursor change when I open the inventory screen.

EDIT: After some playing around I noticed that a majority of the sprites were imported as 16-bit, I tried exporting one inventory button sprite to windows, where it automatically came up as a 32-bit sprite. Importing this back in AGS and setting the button to this new sprite made it show up. This suggests that GUIs need rebuilding.

Last edited by ChamberOfFear on Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:48 
Site Admin

Most of the sprites are actually 16-bit, but the current game system support 32-bit colors. I have to be careful when editing sprites because the increased color depth in part of the sprite makes it look awkward.

As for the inventory GUI, this problem actually occurred with all the GUI menus from the published source code. Here's what happened:
When you clicked on inventory or spells, the window appeared but nothing looks different. None of your clicks were doing anything because you couldn't see the menu that appeared.
So what do I mean by appeared? The menu was in the foreground, but it's sprites were completely transparent.
To resolve the issue, the GUI needs a background image. I constructed these images from the existing buttons in GIMP, added them to the GUI, and now we can see the menus!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:13 
Glory Hound

I was aware of the reasons actually, I just never bothered to update my post to reflect on it. Good to know you took care of it, it's been bugging me for a while.

Edit: I'll mark this thread as fixed, now that I've tested the latest build, seems to work nicely.

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:03 
Site Admin

I took out the weapon, armor, and shield buttons from the inventory menu background image. It'll be easy to add them back in later with existing sprites.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]